The day after my M&M debacle was much better. For breakfast
I ate some meat and cheese and then got busy finally moving my desk into the
living room. My desk is solid wood and is not easy to move on carpeting but at least I got it done. Hopefully I'll break my Netflix addiction and I can get some writing done. I've got a novel to finish!
Around two-thirty I started to feel both hungry but also shaky and
just not feeling right. I checked my blood sugar and it was low at 52 so I ate
two small cups of applesauce and felt better after a bit. I had some more meat
and cheese and for dinner I’ve going with just a simple Lean Cuisine and some
green beans.
Now, let’s talk about yesterday. Despite it being terrible
on my numbers, I don’t regret that I indulged in the M&Ms. Some of you
might be going “wait a minute” but it really is slightly a turning point.
Previously, especially prior to my ECT treatments, I would be devastated at
what I did and today I would have punished myself by eating everything in sight
and really take many steps backwards. That did not happy so, progress!
I think I’m retaining water (my kidney issues?) because I
know I didn’t eat that many M&M’s yesterday to gain as much as I did. I’m
on a ‘sticky note’ at the kidney doctors to try and get in before 7/15 because
I’m really starting to worry about what’s going on. When I google kidney issues,
something I should not do but can’t help, I have several of the symptoms of
some pretty serious kidney problems and retaining water is one of the symptoms.
I don’t know. I just want my appointment so I know what’s going on.
Dana :)
Numbers
Weight: 395.6 (up 2.4, down 5.4 total since starting)
Out of Bed Blood Sugar: 117 (good)
Before Lunch Blood Sugar: 52 (low)
Before Dinner (let’s call this the 5ish PM check, now) Blood
Sugar: 125 (good)
No comments:
Post a Comment